Labourer / Machine Operator
This position requires the applicant to demonstrate a willing attitude to carry out manual and plant operating tasks being controlled or organized by Waiotahi Group of Companies; or any of its subsidiary companies. This may include work on Waiotahi Contractors’ Projects, Metal Production or Ready Mix.
Job Foreman, Engineer, Contract Manager Director
Maintaining and operating equipment being used by Waiotahi Group of Companies or any of its subsidiary companies providing that the maintenance or operation of said machinery is within the scope of the labourer I operator’s capabilities. Other reasonable tasks as may from time to time be allocated and not necessarily associated with general labouring and or operation of machinery associated with, but under the control of Waiotahi Group of Companies.
Effective communication skills are necessary, including the ability to verbally discuss situations, take instruction and information so that they are clearly understood by yourself and others. It is expected that the labourer I operator exhibit a high standard of behaviour at all times and present him I her-self in as clean and tidy state as practicable.
Due to the nature of the business, you must possess the ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. The Company’s ISO 9001 :2008 policies and procedures, Health & Safety requirements and regulatory compliance standards must be understood and followed at all times.
All staff must comply with all legislative requirements and actively promote the Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures of the company.
- To work on tasks as per your supervisors instructions.
- Lawful operations of said vehicles and or machinery.
- As allocated, and not necessarily related to labouring, other reasonable tasks within the Waiotahi Group of Company’s as and when required.
- To ensure all actions described by your supervisor are adhered to in a safe and lawful manner.
- Maintaining in as clean and tidy state as is practicable, any Company equipment or machinery which may or may not be in the care of said labourer at any time.
- Maintaining and forwarding to your supervisor, daily time sheets where required.
- Complete worksheets and keep all necessary records.
- To ensure all activities are carried out in an efficient and professional manner with the best interests of the Company in mind.
- To attend safety and training meetings when required.
- To ensure a reasonable and practicable knowledge of the Company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure a reasonable and practicable knowledge of the Company’s 1$09001-2008 standards.
Your Area Manager -to be specified in the Individual Employment Contract. Managing Directors