NTGAL Sequal Pipelines
Hawkins Construction Ltd
Scope of Works
Concrete Footpath Construction
- Reinstatement of concrete footpath and kerb and channel on State Highway 34.
- Asphalt reinstatement on State Highway 34.
- 80m of Chip sealed footpath on Fletcher Ave.
Retaining Wall Construction
- Construction of augured/concreted timber H5 pole retaining wall on each side of State Highway 34 up to 4m in height.
- Carried out in area of water and sewer mains, telecommunication and power services (overhead and underground).
- Numerous reinforced concrete foundations augured, steel placement and in-situ poured (up to 4m in depth).
- Reinstatement of 28m of State Highway 34 on backfilled box culverts.
- Included new kerb, backfill testing, basecourse testing, chip sealed surface and traffic services reinstatement.
- Box and pour silencer cesspits and foundations with drainage soakage for steam traps and drain points.
- Relocation of ‘live’ trunk sewer main around proposed retaining wall alignment.
- Working alongside live 200mm dia AC watermain, power, fibre optic and telecommunication services.
- Box culvert installed on tested foundation to precise level under numerous live services.
Competent Traffic Management
- Corridor Access request and Traffic Management plan approved for use of State Highway 34.
- Network staff audited site.
- Weekly liaison with State Highway Network Managers on current and proposed TMP for next week ensured no surprises.
Health and Safety
- Complied with NZTA and Hawkins Health and Safety practices.
- No LTI or MTO for Contract duration.
- Contract Value: $362,670.00
- Location: Manukorihi Drive, Kawerau
- Duration: December 2014 – February 2015
- Completed on time and within budget