Kope Canal Remediation Works
Scope of Works
Civil works relating to the construction of three containment cells for the storage of dioxin contaminated sediment removed from the Kope Canal.
- Traffic Management.
- Formation of new entranceways.
- Excavation and disposal of fill.
- Formation of new swale drain.
- Supply and installation of F/2 Subsoils drains
- Supply and installation of TX160 Geogrid and Bidim A19 cloth at base of excavation.
- Supply, placement and compaction of rock base and bunds.
- Assisting in the Installation of NDPE MACLINE ATARFIL HD Membrane Liner.
- Supply and installation of PE 100 SDR 17 pipeline.
- Involved in the design and construction of two Flood Control Structures (FCS’s) (Sheet piles/Rock fill/steel culverts with manual flood gates)
- Removal of down stream FCS.
- Supply and install rock rip rap erosion protection.
- Installation of topsoil bund.
- Contract Value: $3.1M
- Location: Kopeopeo Canal, Whakatane
- Duration: May 2017 – February 2018
- Completed on time and budget