SCA Project Samson
Fosters Construction Ltd
Scope of Works
- Site clearance including disposal of unsuitable materials.
- Earthworks involving bulk import to fill, uplift from stockpile and re-compact up to 2m depth, importing additional pumice fill due to consolidation of natural pumice site material.
- Potholing and excavation for foundations and existing services relocation.
- Site works including excavation, filling, kerbing, pavement construction, stormwater drainage and heavy duty asphalt paving with chipseal to access way.
- Box culvert construction on (poured) concrete foundations.
- Chemical Unloading facility upgrade including work around live pipelines.
- RCRRJ and uPVC stormwater lines.
- uPVC sewer lines.
- HDPE fire main reticulation and valving while maintaining full service.
- Mill water and potable water supply pipework in HDPE with testing during mill shuts.
- Cable ducts/conduits including cast-in provisions.
- Heavy duty precast duct installation in live mill environment.
- Electronic as-builting for all buried services.
- Safety Management Plan and Traffic Management Plan developed and implemented throughout works.
- Regular safety audits carried out to ensure compliance with approved plans.
- Implementation and management of Approved Environmental Management Plan.
- All work carried out with a busy mill operating environment.
- Contract Value: $2.2M ($54M head contract value)
- Location: SCA Mill, Kawerau
- Duration: December 2012 – September 2013
- Completed on time and within budget
This successful project was completed to a high standard and specification, despite a particularly challenging operational work environment.