NZTA – Waiora Culvert Reinstatement
(Addition to NZTA Contract 640) New Zealand Transport Agency
Scope of Works
- Establishment (Including clearing and access).
- Cutting material for gabion base and reuse as backfill.
- Supply and installation of Armco ½ round culvert. (4.3m diameter x 5.4m long) as an extension on the existing culvert, removal of remaining damaged culvert (South end).
- Supply, drilling, epoxying into place channel footings and attaching to Armco culvert segments.
- Supply and installation of gabion baskets.
- Supply and installation of geofabric below and behind gabions.
- Backfilling of gabions to existing wall (onsite material & Motu Bluff material).
- Extending 300mm dia and 375mm dia side culverts.
- Installing ½ round flume’s to side culverts.
- Contract Value: $95,434.26
- Location: State Highway 35, Omaio
- Duration: 8 January 2013 – 1 February 2013
- Completed on time, within budget and to target performance levels
This work was added as an additional site on NZTA Contract 640 Motu Bluffs Underslip.
Works were completed within budget, with additional gabions constructed as a variation to the original approved work.