Ohope Road Slip Repairs
Whakatane District Council
Original Contract work included:
- Survey, set out, environmental and traffic control.
- Removal of trees and vegetation, removal of overhanging roots and branches.
- Trimming of batters, widening of benches and reshaping of existing cut faces along Ohope Road using 227 Long Reach and Reduced Tail Swing excavators and 6 x 4 trucks.
- Earthworks, including site clearance, topsoil removal, cut to waste, vegetation removal and disposal.
- Hydro seeding of cut and exposed faces.
- Installation of drainage systems.
- Site restoration and tidy up on completion.
Revised Works (after Consent, archeological and many redesign delays):
- Additional environmental and traffic management requirements.
- Supply and installation of Farmtuf down pipes.
- Horizontal bored 48mm Class D uPVC drains.
- Construction of surface water collection drains and subsoil drainage.
- Supply and placement of Mac Mat R including 10mm DF rebar.
- Supply and Construct 620 Green 2m2 Terramesh Units.
- Supply and Placement of imported rotten rock for Terramesh.
- Supply and Placement of Tensar RE540 filter cloth.
- Supply and place 150mm Novaflo & F2 filter sand.
- Construction of drainage swale with novaflo under, then Geofabric and 2.6 T/m3 cobble lining.
- Hydro seeding.
- Contract Value: $1.5m
- Location: Ohope Road, Whakatane
- Duration: 26 April 2010 – 1 August 2012
This complex project commenced on 28th April 2010 with an original due date for completion of 10 June 2010. However, a wide range of ongoing extras were added and substantial design changes were made due to heavy and prolonged rainfall damage on a geographically complex site. The project was officially completed on 30 April 2012 and was within the revised budget and timeline.