Stormwater Pond 25
Tauranga City Council
Scope of Works
Stormwater Pond 25 – Kennedy Rd was constructed to cater for the storage and treatment of the Nanako catchment. The project was separated into two separable portions:
SP-A: The construction of forebay, wetland, and piping, Nanako stream diversion and preparation of Joyce Rd Fill site.
- Filter sock Install;
- Extension of existing Kennedy Rd 900mm culvert to wetland outlet structure;
- Nanako Stream temporary diversion;
- Excavation and management of unsuitable materials;
- Extension of 1050mm pipe from Kennedy Road pipeline to outlet into forebay;
- Construction of forebay inlet and outlet structure;
- Placement of imported rock and ash to form embankment and access way;
- Installation of wetland outlet structure including 750mm pipeline and outlet riser;
- Riprap erosion protection on spillways and outlet structures;
- Install subsoil seepage pipe & bathymetric planting.
- Prep for Joyce Road Fill Site including construction of access track to fill site, subsoil drainage and the construction of a buttress at Joyce Road.
SP-B: Excavation of the wider attenuation area, and transportation of fill to Joyce road fill site.
- Construct storm water retention pond & outlet;
- Transport fill to Joyce Rd;
- Tip and fill material.
- Estimated Contract Value: $4.2M
- Location: Kennedy Road, Tauranga
- Duration: November 2018 – 2022 (estimated Completion date)